Friday, December 11, 2015

Would free college really benefit us?

     When I read about having free college on my class mate Emerald Hughes' blog, I though of it as a really good idea, but it also brought me some questions. Would it really help us to have free college? Since everyone would be able to go to college and getting a degree would make the search for a job more competitive, since there will be more college graduates those jobs that require college education will be filled soon, and the other people will still be without a job, so the job requirements will have to rise, such as to now requiring a masters degree or higher.
     Also, who would be pay for the college tuition, since it will be free? The money to pay the schools still have to come out of somewhere, and I'm sure that because of this we would have to pay more taxes, so I'm not sure if having free tuition would really help all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment